In this role you will make vital contributions to our cutting-edge products in the rapidly growing field of Optical Coherence Tomography Medical Imaging for ophthalmology, cardiology, dermatology, and cancer detection.
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance and yield of Axsun’s growing line of swept-source optical engines through the production line.
- Perform data analysis, compare numerical predictions and experimental results, present findings and review results and trends with the Engineering and Manufacturing teams.
- Support transfer of new products from R&D to manufacturing
- Develop, automate, and code new production tests
- Participate in the product development process, including gate reviews, training, documentation, and transfer to manufacturing
Knowledge and Experience
- In-depth educational and/or professional experience in electro-optics related fields such as lasers, fiber optics, detectors, low noise analog electronics and digital signal processing algorithms
- Hands-on lab skills with optical equipment such as optical spectrum analyzers (OSAs), oscilloscopes, power meters, fiber optics, and high speed data acquisition.
- Solid problem solving methodology based on design of experiment, characterization and thorough data analysis
- Proficiency in LABVIEW and MATLAB to support experimentation and data analysis.
- Knowledge of interferometry, Optical Coherence Tomography and/or swept-source lasers is highly desired
- Knowledge of other high level programming languages (C/C++, C#, VB, Python) a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as, strong organizational skills with superior attention to detail are required
- MS or PhD in Electrical, Mechanical or Optical Engineering
- 5+ years relevant experience