Reporting into Manufacturing but working closely with Design Engineering the individual filling this role is responsible for understanding performance factors and reliability of our proprietary MEMS tunable filter and passive micro-optics as they relate to fabrication processes and various elements of design. The scope of responsibility centers on device fabrication (MEMs or semiconductor processing familiarity) and characterization (understanding metrology and testing) along with data tracking & analysis and recommendations for continuous yield enhancement and cost reduction.
The position is hands-on and requires a high degree of cross-functional collaboration and teamwork both as a project leader as well as an individual team contributor.
- Implement, document and maintain in-process routings, work instructions, tests & specifications for MEMs and micro-optics fabrication processes.
- Analyze correlations between performance (functional testing) and processes (metrology data, process conditions and/or process variation) throughout the entire value stream.
- Track variation and process capability throughout the value stream, identify and prioritize continuous improvement initiatives.
- Understand yield/cost relationships & drivers, including material cost and the impact of driving losses to earlier points in the value stream.
- Design and coordinate experiments for specification generation / revision and modeling compliance (specification flow-down analysis).
- Responsible for scrap dispositions and associated corrective actions.
- Review new specifications and analyze requirements against existing capabilities to estimate costs and yields for new products and applications.
- BS, MS or PhD in a related engineering discipline.
- 5 years engineering experience with Si wafer fabrication processes; MEMS device fabrication highly desired.
- Strong working knowledge of optics, optical MEMS devices or optoelectronic device processing.
- Demonstrated strength in statistical analysis. Strong DOE or process characterization experience a plus.
- 5 years experience with electro-optical testing, data access and manipulation tools.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills. Formal project management experience a plus.