This position will perform optical coatings for medical components. The successful candidate will be expected to prepare the chambers, load parts and maintain the process as well as perform general maintenance of the chamber. Will need to have a thorough understanding of the measurement techniques of thin films using spectrophotometers.
Candidate is expected to have 3-5 years’ experience of optical thin film coating in a manufacturing environment. Experience with Balzer coating equipment is a plus.
- Perform thin film coatings on optical components utilizing Balzer chambers. Log critical process parameters during production runs to serve as a process history and for future data analysis.
- Loads and operates coating chambers
- Operate Metrology tools for characterization of Thin Films
- Conducts maintenance on coating tools, shields and chambers
- Maintains all production and development process, quality and equipment records
- Promotes and maintains good housekeeping and safety practices
- 3-5 years’ experience running Thin Film Deposition Systems
- Strong analytical skills, utilizing effective trouble shooting and problem solving techniques
- Experience maintaining coating equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate should have strong work ethic, initiative, adaptability; he/she should be detail oriented and be able to work in a team.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to exercise sound professional judgement
- Learn the operation and maintenance of the key hardware components of the coating deposition system such as electron-beam source, ion-source, optical monitor, quartz-crystal monitor, stress control monitor, etc.
- Adhere to the coating recipes published as Excel or Word documents and converted to the machine recipes for automatic execution of the process.
- Lift coating tools up to 30 pounds in weight
- Ability to work with and operate computer controlled equipment with multiple fine-scale displays
- Ability to work with small scale, delicate instruments and components requiring delicate fine motor skills
- Ability to hear and speak to employees and outside business associates on the phone and in person