We are seeking a Principal Electrical Design Engineer to design, define and implement complex system hardware requirements for our customer and product specifications. The individual in this position will work with hardware and software engineers in the design, assembly, testing/debugging, and verification of electrical hardware.
- Design, develop and debug high speed mixed signal data acquisition and embedded control electronics.
- Troubleshoot existing designs for manufacturing defects or customer RMA’s to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Design, develop, modify and evaluate electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment and other hardware systems
- Determine design approaches, detailed design parameters and margins
- Analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests and evaluate results
- Select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability requirements
- Review vendor capability to support product development.
- BSEE and a minimum of 10 years of electronic hardware design experience. Must have experience in all phases of the electrical development process.
- Solid digital and analog design and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with USB, Ethernet, PCIe, and other high speed data buses is desirable.
- Experience with schematic entry and simulation CAD tools
- Experience with processor or DSP/based designs.
- Experience with analog electronics – opamps, DACs, ADCs
- Expertise in mixed signal design, simulation, assembly, test/debug and repair (including fine pitch SMT) of hardware prototypes, setting up and operating scopes, logic & network analyzers, and other forms of lab test equipment.
- Experience using ECO release process and supporting manufacturing.
- Good organizational skills to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Good verbal communications skills.
- Experience with MATLAB simulation (filter design, FFT, etc.) is desirable.
- Strong organizational skills and a strong team player.