In this role you will you will be responsible for monitoring, assessing, and reporting on the reliability of Axsun’s new and existing product lines. Working in collaboration with product and design engineers, develop, oversee, implement and report on qualification and reliability test programs for Axsun’s photonic components and subsystems.
Role and Responsibilities
- Oversee development of test systems & methods to meet requirements of new product qualification. Develop methodology and tools for rapid evaluation of new designs & processes
- Compile test data and prepare qualification and reliability test plans and reports. Present and/or defend and review with internal and external customers as required.
- Carry out reliability and failure mode analysis for manufacturing, qualification and customer field failures. Develop and test physical models for relevant degradation mechanisms
- Establish containment and corrective action plans in conjunction with product development, manufacturing and quality personnel to ensure high quality and reliability of the Axsun products.
PhD or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Materials Science, or related discipline, plus a minimum of 5 years industry experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Working knowledge of degradation mechanisms, failure analysis methods and techniques for opto-electronics and microelectronics
- Reliability analysis and lifetime projection using Weibull++ or similar
- Root cause investigation and analysis
- Knowledge of basic opto-electronics, electrical circuits and components
- Microscopy and microphotography
- Ability to generate clear and concise written reports and summaries